Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What is poverty?

Noun: The state or condition of having little or no money goods or means of support; condition of being poor.
Synonyms:neediness, destitution, indigence, pauperism, penury.
 Antonyms: riches, wealth plenty.
  • Where do you see poverty in your community?
    •   I see it everywhere I go, especially when I go to downtown LA there are a lot of homeless people in one whole block and such.
  • Think about the facts and statistics we discussed. What did you already know?
    •  I already knew that the poverty rate for lations and blacks were high.
  • What suprised you?
    • It suprised me that there are many whites almost as poor as latinos. I always thought that white people were always either middle class or higher class. It suprising to see no matter what race every has the same issues that they are dealing with

No comments:

Post a Comment